Ebb & Flood Systems
The Ebb & Flood produces much bigger harvests than plants grown in traditional pots, but is as simple to use and is more versatile. Offers excellent adjustability for grower and more choice. Control the duration and number of feeds to suit the plants at any stage of their life, meaning cuttings or seedlings can be planted straight into the EF system. The timer triggers the pump to ‘flood’ the bottom of the growing medium and gravity pulls excess solution back into the tank along with fresh air, ensuring the medium is regularly flushed with nutrients and air resulting in a highly oxygenated root zone. The 'little and often' feeding schedule, combined with the highly oxygenated root zone, means a healthier plant and larger yields.
THE FLOOD - A timer controls how often nutrient solution is pumped up from the tank to FLOOD the growing medium. During floods, the plants take the water and nutrients they need and stale air is pushed out of the root zone .
THE EBB Once the growing medium is flooded to two thirds the solution drains (EBBs) back into the tank, pulling fresh oxygen down directly to the roots.
All systems contain tank, table, correx top plate, pump, delivery system, drain/inlet fitting and overflow fitting.
- Match feed frequency to the needs of the plant - Provide the perfect conditions for a plant throughout its lifecycle by altering the frequency and duration of feeds. So that nutrient uptake is optimised and yields are maximised.
- Versatile - Either grow in individual pots in clay, coco, rockwool or soil, so you can move plants around under lights as and when required, or fill the planter with clay pebbles – so that it becomes a large pot perfect for specimen plants.
- Reliable - Built to last for decades with high performance fittings and top quality pumps have unrivalled reliability.
Nutriculture holds the record for the world’s longest tomato plant. It was grown in an Ebb & Flood system.
- A timer is required in order to use this system. We highly recommend using a digital timer to ensure the most accurate flood times are achieved.
- Before planting out, fill with your chosen medium and time how long it takes for it to become two thirds flooded. Now set this as the length of time your timer remains 'on' when flooding. Now all you need to do is increase the frequency in which you flood as your plants grow the 'flood time' will always remain the same though.
- Dimensions: L 69.5cm x W 59cm x H 28cm
- Tank Size: 35 Litres
- Medium Required: 38 Litres (around 1 bags)
- Dimensions: L 172cm x W 62cm x H 31cm
- Tank Size: 80 Litres
- Medium Required: 94 Litres (around 2 bags)
- Dimensions: L 122cm x W 109cm x H 22cm
- Tank Size: 100 Litres
- Medium Required: 90 Litres (around 2 bags)
- Dimensions: L 226cm x W 118cm x H 43cm
- Tank Size: 190 Litres
- Medium Required: 447 Litres (around 9 bags)