Water temperature is very important and by keeping it between 18-21 Celsius will ensure maximum oxygen levels, improved nutrient uptake and help keep Pythium (root rot) at bay. Rising temperatures can occur more often during the warmer months of the year or simply if your grow room is hotter than normal. Using one of these Hailea Water Chillers will ensure it remains where it needs to be at all times.
All Hailea Chillers are capable of chilling and maintaining a water temperature between 6-30 degrees Celsius. The HC-2200B model can also heat water up to a maximum of 46 degree Celsius.
To use place the required water pump in your reservoir or header tank and connect the outlet of the pump to the inlet connection on the chiller using flexible pipe. Then using another piece of flexible pipe connect a length from the outlet of the chiller and place inside your tank. Depending on what type of tank you have or system you are using it is better to have the inlet and outlet pipes in different locations for maximum effectiveness:
- In a water butt always place the pump at the bottom and have the outlet pipe at the top. This applies to IWS Flood & Drain and IWS Deep Water Culture.
- In a 'tray' style reservoir like an NFT have the inlet at one end and the outlet at the other.
- For IWS R-DWC and Rush R-DWC always chill the brain pot as the system constantly recirculates the nutrient solution around.
- Water Refrigerated: 100 litres
- Required Water Flow Rate: 500 litres per hour
- Consumption: 40w
- Water Refrigerated: 150 litres
- Required Water Flow Rate: 500-700 litres per hour
- Consumption: 75w
- Water Refrigerated: 300 litres
- Required Water Flow Rate: 1500 litres per hour
- Consumption: 90w
- Water Refrigerated: 500 litres
- Required Water Flow Rate: 1500-2000 litres per hour
- Consumption: 375w
- Water Refrigerated: 1000 litres
- Required Water Flow Rate: 2500 litres per hour
- Consumption: 750w
- Water Refrigerated : 2000 litres
- Required Water Flow Rate: 2500-3000 litres per hour
- Consumption: 1500w
We recommend to always 'over-spec' your chiller so it is not running at full capacity. To work out what one you require, calculate the total maximum water capacity your system or reservoir will hold and then choose a chiller which can cope with this volume. When possible place your chiller outside your grow room - they work in the same way as a fridge and do generate some heat.
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Hello, is this a UK standard plug?
Yes these chillers come with a hard wired UK plug.
What size tubing would I need to purchase to go with this please
Please see the below compatible size pipeline:
HC100A - 13mm
HC150A - 13mm
HC300A - 25mm
HC500A - 25mm
HC1000A - 32mm
Hi. The recommended pump says it fits 19mm tubing but below the 300a is 25mm tubing. Do you have to use a connector to change the tubing size?
So the chiller inlet (from pump to chiller) is 19mm. The outlet (from chiller to reservoir) is 25mm. No connectors are needed.
Hi. Can I ask if you have any units suitable for an ice bath?
Our chillers will maintain a set temperature as low as 4c.